Subject: Re: final testing: taylor-uucp package (fwd)
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/27/2001 16:51:12
Thor Lancelot Simon said:

>There are at least two other versions of UUCP in shipping Unix systems
>today, one of which is open-source.

Currently, every UNIX OS available, except OpenBSD ships with UUCP. Though
the UUCP mapping project has shut it's doors there are probably still a lot
of sites getting their news, mail. and data transfers via UUCP. There may
well be sites that can ONLY access the net by UUCP.

UUCP isn't so big that it would create a large decrease in size to the base OS.

I can't see the point in removing it or anything else. We have reached a time
when the smallest new hard drive that you can buy is 18 gigs, and you can
still install NetBSD on a >200 meg disk.

--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com