Subject: Re: final testing: taylor-uucp package (fwd)
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 10/27/2001 13:32:58
--mhOzvPhkurUs4vA9

On Sat, Oct 27, 2001 at 04:00:30AM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> resent to get a wider focus... please send feedback to me!

I'll do some testing over the weekend. I use UUCP pretty heavily, with
several peers.

> (Where are all the people that scream murder when it comes to touching
> the in-tree UUCP? :-)

Don't worry, if there's any motion to zap it out of the tree before we
go to a completely-pkgized system, I'll be sure to whine and moan loudly.

(Of course, it won't bother me to be using a package. I certainly depend
on other packages.)

> BTW, I'm not sure under which directory and package name to commit this
> package. Choices I see are=20
>=20
>  1) pkgsrc/comm/taylor-uucp
>  2) pkgsrc/comm/uucp

Um, plain old pkgsrc/mail/uucp would make more sense to me than comm,
given uucp's most common usage, but listing it twice wouldn't be bad,
once in mail and once in comm.

> for the package name. Any thoughts? Are there any other UUCP packages out
> there that might turn up?

There's nothing for Unix that I've seen anywhere in actual use. There are
of course packages for non-Unix systems, but that shouldn't matter here.

--=20
   Mason Loring Bliss  mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us               E w i g=
awake ? sleep : dream; https://acheron.ne.mediaone.net/ B l u m e n k r a f=

--mhOzvPhkurUs4vA9