Subject: Re: Something locks up in file system on RAID5
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa <jam@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/27/2001 09:42:19
   On Oct 27, 14:24, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
   > Subject: Re: Something locks up in file system on RAID5
   > On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 11:39:32PM -0500, Kazushi Marukawa wrote:
   > > I'm using Oct 24 current version of NetBSD.  The file system
   > > on RAID5 just locks up somehow.  Other processes accessed
   > > that area locks up also.  I don't know this is RAID5 problem
   > > or general problem.  I just experienced this problem on
   > > RAID5 file system.
   >
   > Do you use softdep on this filesystem ?

No.  I experienced a lot of troubles with it, so I don't
want to use it until somebody says it's safe.

When I waked up, entire RAID5 file system was locked up
although only several directories were locked up last night.
Reboot process also locked up, so I need to restart from
monitor.  Now, I'm writing paryty of RAID5.  After that, I
need fsck.  It takes forever.

Regards,
-- Kazushi