Subject: More wsmux fun
To: None <augustss@netbsd.org>
From: Charles M. Hannum <abuse@spamalicious.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/26/2001 04:23:27
So I was playing more with wsmux on the Mac, and I noticed:

* I can actually open the non-muxed keyboard now.  (This didn't work
  before.)

* If I configure a `kbdmux' for wsdisplay0, I can actually use the
  muxed keyboard on the console *and* in X.  (This didn't work
  before.)

* Without the kbdmux attribute, hot-swapping keyboards on the console
  works.  (This didn't work before.)

* With the kbdmux attribute, hot-swapping keyboards on the console
  works, and adding a second keyboard also works.  (Neither of these
  worked before.)

* Hot-swapping mice in X works, and adding a second mouse also works.
  (I think this particular part worked before, but since wsmux broke
  the keyboard before, it wasn't terribly helpful.)

* Hot-swapping keyboards in X does *not* work, with or without wsmux;
  the keyboard appears unresponsive, although the hardware Caps Lock
  light still toggles.  Same thing when I add a second keyboard while
  using wsmux (but the first one continues working).

I made the following changes to my config file:

220,222c220,222
< wsdisplay0 at ofb? console ?
< #wskbd0	at akbd? console ?
< #wsmouse0 at ams?