Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/25/2001 15:20:44
[ On Thursday, October 25, 2001 at 14:03:35 (-0500), Frederick Bruckman wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc
>
> Well, you can build Cygwin binaries on NetBSD, so it's only fair that
> you should be able to build NetBSD under Cygwin.

Well, that's not too surprising -- Unix has almost always (i.e. right
from its very inception)  been commonly used as a programming
environment for other target systems.  Rarely is it possible or sensible
to try to go the other way around though.

I would think that Cygwin pales in comparison to the real thing, though
of course I've absolutely no experience with Cygwin (nor any desire to
gain any!  ;-).

--
							Greg A. Woods