Subject: Re: IPv4 Problems with Mozilla
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20011024T084322@wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/24/2001 09:06:02
rhe@nosc.ja.net (Robert Evans) writes:
> > Since several days mozilla can no longer browse ipv4 adresses with
> > -current kernels. ipv6 addresses still work. Why?
> >
> > It's the same mozilla binary which worked before with ipv4. It happens
> > on a i386 machine.
>
> If this is the same problem I've got (as has Wolfgang Rupprecht,
> reported on October 19th), you get a "connection refused" alert box
> whenever you try to reach an IPv4 website?

FWIW: Local v4 connections also work.  I looked for remote packets or
firewall hits, but didn't see any.  Mozilla's IPV4 packets just never
leave the box.

I did go to bugzilla to have a look and see if this was reported yet.
The number and type of bugs still needing work was very disheartening.

I was hoping to switch to galeon. Unfortunately it doesn't compile on
-current due to some pedantic complaint about NULL from g++.
(BaseHelpProtocolHandler.cpp:127: ANSI C++ forbids implicit conversion
from `void *' in assignment)

-wolfgang
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>