Subject: Re: Build 1.5.2 with -current
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Mark White <mjw@celos.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/11/2001 23:19:15
Frederick Bruckman writes:
> You might try building the INSTALL_LAPTOP kernel, building "all" in
> /usr/src/distrib/notes and /usr/src/distrib/utils, then trying"make -k
> release RELEASEDIR=somewhere DESTDIR=somewherelse" in
> /usr/src/distrib/i386.

I can't quite seem to make this work: I expect I'm missing
something obvious, can anybody point it out?  I've finished
a 'make release' OK, with all the release tars in my
RELEASEDIR, but it didn't make install floppies.  As per
docs, I build the INSTALL* kernels myself, and put them in a
rational place...

But I can't now coerce make into constructing images:  If I
just run 'make [...]' in src/distrib/i386, I get

| cc1: warnings being treated as errors
| menu_defs.c: In function `__menu_initerror':
| menu_defs.c:1512: warning: implicit declaration of function `getprogname'
| menu_defs.c:1512: warning: format argument is not a pointer (arg 3)

which is bad; presumably it's using the wrong includes.
However, if I run 'make release [...]' I get

| release ===> floppies/fdset
| mkdir -p /installation/floppy
| cp -p boot?.fs /installation/floppy
| cp: boot?.fs: No such file or directory
| *** Error code 1

So it's apparently not bothering to make the floppy images.
What did I do wrong?

Mark <><