Subject: Re: UUCP removal from OpenBSD
To: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 10/08/2001 16:50:32
--NgLNC/STdjXvE6Rt

On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 07:18:17AM -0700, John Nemeth wrote:

>      Could I see your config/scripts for doing this, please?  I have a
> fair bit of experience doing UUCP over dialup on several different
> platforms, but haven't done UUCP over TCP/IP yet; although, it is
> something I should probably be thinking of doing.

It's not hard. Have a file "port" in /etc/uucp with something like this in
it, alongside any modem definitions you have:

port tcp
type tcp
service 540

and then say this in your neighbor-specific system file:

port tcp

and you'd ought to be good.

The only other thing you might want to do is move away from the traditional
'g' or 'f' protocols, as TCP is a reliable transport, and can thus use the
't' protocol, which assumes a reliable, error-free connection.

--=20
   Mason Loring Bliss   mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us               E w i =
g e
awake ? sleep : dream;  https://acheron.ne.mediaone.net/  Meerschweinchenkr=