Subject: Re: Xircom woes
To: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <fessel@DeTeMobil.de>
From: Jerry A! <jerry@thehutt.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/04/2001 09:44:48
On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 09:22:35AM +0200, Jan-Hinrich Fessel wrote:
: if you comment out the com* at pcmcia* in the kernel config, then the network
: portion should be found.  I fiddled around with that back when the xi driver
: was introduced and came to the conclusion that multifunction devices are not
: really supported by NetBSD, which didn't really hurt because I don't use
: analog modems and got me a CardBus IBM Etherjet shortly after that...

Thanks for the tip.  Tried it, and this is what I got for my efforts:

xi0: Ethernet address 00:10:a4:f6:56:a4
ifmedia_set: no match for 0x22/0xffffffff
panic: ifmedia_set

And then it just dropped the box to "ddb>".  8(

Now I'm completely stymied.  Anyone have any ideas about this error?

        --Jerry

name:  Jerry Alexandratos         ||  Open-Source software isn't a
phone: 571.275.9795               ||  matter of life or death...
email: jerry@thehutt.org          ||  ...It's much more important