Subject: Re: UUCP removal from OpenBSD
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/30/2001 23:10:14
On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 11:59:04AM +1000, Chris Baird wrote:
> In the past I've used Taylor UUCP's "cu", included as a part of base,
> to install the bulk of NetBSD onto non-networked systems like
> 68k-based Macintoshes and Amigas where Ethernet cards were difficult
> to come by.

There's another perfectly good version of "cu" available to us in the BSD
sources; we still ship "tip" from there.  Not to mention that using cu vs.
tip is largely a matter of personal preference; they both do the same job.

If we want to include a tiny serial thing in the base distribution, I'd say
the miniature version of kermit ("gkermit") that's freely licensed (compared
to the rather restrictive C-Kermit license) would be a much better choice.