Subject: Re: UUCP removal from OpenBSD
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/30/2001 17:14:39
On Sep 30,  5:33pm, Rick Kelly wrote:
>Greg A. Woods said:
>>I've no desire to see packaging get that fine-grained.  Separately
>
>Yes, Solaris has gone completely overboard.
>
>rattler> uname -a
>SunOS rattler 5.8 Generic_108528-08 sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-4
>rattler> pkginfo | wc -l
>     373

And compared to my Indy, IRIX 6.5.13f, pretty much everything including
nearly all the freeware...

Basic systems:
# versions -b | wc -l
         437
All selectable subsystems:
# versions | wc -l
        3668

~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

Incumbent, n.:
	Person of liveliest interest to the outcumbents.