Subject: Re: HEADS UP: new toolchain info! (now default on i386)
To: Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/28/2001 09:20:49
>> >   building standard c library
>> >   trap: Illegal number: EXIT
>> >   trap: Illegal number: HUP
>> this looks like you need a newer sh.  from the cvs log for trap.c:
>> [snip change log]
>>
>> how old is your present /bin/sh?
>
>Whatever is in 1.5.2 (I'm trying to cross-build -current from 1.5.2, as Todd
>claimed was possible in his original HEADS UP message)

ah...then seems that the current code depends on features being in sh
that the 1.5.2 sh doesn't have.  1.5.2's sh contains rev 1.24.4.2 of
trap.c, whereas code to support the things it looks like it's doing
weren't added until 1.26 and weren't pulled up.

what happens if you just try to build the sh in your -current source
right now?

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|