Subject: Re: Where did the mk.conf go?
To: Takayoshi Kochi <t-kouchi@sannet.ne.jp>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/2001 14:59:49
On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 05:31:06AM -0700, Takayoshi Kochi wrote:
> I noticed pkgsrc/mk/mk.conf.example is not there since Sep 20 daily CVS
> update.
>
> | cvs server: warning: pkgsrc/mk/mk.conf.example is not (any longer)
> | pertinent
>
> Will it go to /usr/src/etc/mk.conf?
>
> ---
> Takayoshi Kochi <t-kouchi@sannet.ne.jp>

pkgsrc/mk/mk.conf has been replaced by bsd.pkg.defaults.mk

bsd.pkg.defaults.mk is included automatically after /etc/mk.conf has
been included, to set the defaults automatically for you. One of
the benefits this brings is that you need to set values in /etc/mk.conf
only where they differ from the defaults.

Regards,
Alistair