Subject: Re: HEADS UP: new toolchain info! (now default on i386)
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/2001 12:02:56
On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 01:43:29AM -0400, Todd Vierling wrote:
> * The system can now cross-build the standard "make build" from a 1.5 host,
>   but automated kernel builds ("make release") have not been twiddled yet.
>   This is coming next week.  (Also, "lorder" will bitch about the use of
>   symbolic names with "trap" in sh(1); this is harmlessly verbose, and I
>   will work around it later.)

I've tried this several times now, on my 1.5.2 i386 (+ updated make) machine
at home, but the build fails during 'make includes' trying to build
'compile_et' (it complains about {get,set}progname when linking). There is a
compile_et binary in my build tools tree, but it doesn't appear to being
used.

Also (I'm not sure this is related to the new toolchain or not), but 'make
obj' fails if OBJMACHINE is set in addr2line - I think it tries to create a
symlink to '.../addr2line.i386', rather than '.../addr2line'.

Ian.