Subject: Re: 2 hangs in 24 hours on 1.5U system with raid5 disks...
To: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
List: current-users
Date: 09/24/2001 15:17:08
Incidentally, Greg Oster replied to me, and indicated that it looks like
raidframe was waiting for allocating kernel memory.  He indicated that
(until the actual bug(s) can be found and squashed) bumping up
NKMEMPAGES should alleviate the symptoms.  I've doubled mine (from
roughly 8k to roughly 16k) and haven't had a crash (knock on wood!)
since then.

+j

--
Jeff Rizzo                                         http://boogers.sf.ca.us/~riz