Subject: Re: HEADS UP: new toolchain info! (now default on i386)
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Geoff Wing <gcw@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/23/2001 17:13:58
Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com> typed:
:On Sun, 23 Sep 2001, Geoff Wing wrote:
:: Was playing around halfway during a build and removed /usr/libexec/cpp0 to
:: see that things were going OK.  Build bombed out in usr.bin/tn3270/tools/
:: It seems that <bsd.hostprog.mk> still uses tools from installed system.
:<bsd.hostprog.mk> is supposed to use the host toolchain -- it's for *host*
:tools.  8-)

Yes, but it does mean that you'll probably have problems bootstrapping
a build via "make build" on a different OS or possibly an older OS version.
I haven't investigated why these programs think they need host tools there.

Another thing that I've mentioned before:  /usr/libexec/cpp  is hardcoded
into our xsrc  and presumably still gets installed for non NEW_TOOLCHAIN i386
systems.  Installing cpp into /usr/bin and not /usr/libexec gives problems.

Regards,
Geoff Wing