Subject: Re: anoncvs sup mirror collection changes?
To: Brian Somers <brian@freebsd-services.com>
From: Brian Somers <brian@freebsd-services.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/22/2001 22:03:35
I said:
> > > When trying to update my local cvs tree copy i got the following message:=
> > >

> > > SUP 8.26 (4.3 BSD) for file /usr/lib/supfiles/sup.netbsd.org at Sep 12 18=
> > > :15:44
> > > SUP Upgrade of anoncvs-all at Wed Sep 12 18:15:45 2001
> > > SUP Fileserver 8.13 (4.3 BSD) 21220 on sup.netbsd.org at 18:15:45
> > > SUP: Invalid release all for collection anoncvs
> > > SUP: Upgrade of anoncvs-all aborted at Sep 12 18:15:46 2001
> > >
> > > I searched some of the documentation for helpful pointers, but failed, in=
> > > sead =
> > >
> > > in README.sup the all collecton for anoncvs is looks still valid.
> > >
> > > Any help appreciated.
> >
> > This is happening on cvsup.uk.NetBSD.org too (supping from
> > cvs.NetBSD.org).  I sent a message to hostmaster@cvs.NetBSD.org
> > earlier today but haven't had a response yet.
>
> This is still a problem.  My mail to cvs.NetBSD.org went nowhere as
> that machine doesn't seem to be running a mail server.
>
> Does anybody know of plans to either update the
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/README.sup page or to fix
> cvs.NetBSD.org ?
>
> FWIW, my sup file looks like this:
>
> anoncvs release=all host=sup.NetBSD.org hostbase=/ftp/pub base=/home/repo/NetBSD/cvs delete
>

> Cheers.

Well, after a remarkably underwhelming response, I've updated
http://cvsup.uk.NetBSD.org/ with a message indicating that the cvsup
service has stalled....

As always, if anybody can suggest how I should make things work
again, or if anybody could even confirm that they're able to sup the
repository from cvs.NetBSD.org, it would be appreciated.

--
Brian <brian@freebsd-services.com>                <brian@Awfulhak.org>
      http://www.freebsd-services.com/        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>