Subject: Re: HEADS UP: new toolchain info! (now default on i386)
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 09/22/2001 13:20:27
--FsscpQKzF/jJk6ya

On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 07:08:09PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> > While I could build and install a new make(1) to get this to work, that
> > wouldn't be particularly applicable to non-NetBSD systems.
>=20
> It is: the NetBSD make is portable and should compile on most systems.
> You don't need to install it as 'make', 'bmake' works too.

Right, but isn't being independant of the host platform's tools the idea?
I'm not sure why we wouldn't want to have make(1) included, especially since
our build stuff uses at least a bit of custom make functionality.

Just curious...

--=20
    Mason Loring Bliss  mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us    They also surf who
awake ? sleep : dream;  https://acheron.ne.mediaone.net/  only stand on wav=