Subject: Re: access point list from Lucent wireless cards
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Tracy J. Di Marco White <gendalia@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/20/2001 19:27:11
Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org> wrote:
}One cool thing I'd like this or some other program to do is be able to set
}wi parameters based on which SSIDs are around. So when I'm at work, I
}choose the work WEP setup, and at home, I choose the home setup.

I don't know if this helps, but many of the parameters can be set with
ifconfig, so I've done this in /etc/dhclient.conf:
interface "wi0" { media "media DS11 nwkey 0x##########", "media DS11 nwkey 0x##########", "media DS11 -nwkey"; }
interface "tlp0" {}

So I've got one key for work, one key for home, and one not a key for random
other places.  I'm doing this under 1.5.1, but I assume it should work on
current.  If you're using dhclient, you can also set nwid.  Of course, if you
want to set more, this doesn't really help.

Tracy J. Di Marco White
Project Vincent Systems Manager
gendalia@iastate.edu