Subject: Re: access point list from Lucent wireless cards
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/19/2001 19:27:31
On 18 Sep 2001, Michael Graff wrote:

> I've got the code written, but it needs a bit of a cleanup still.
> However, I can now get a list of access points, their received
> signal and noise levels, and their capabilities.  I cannot yet get
> their names, since I do not know the protocol to do this.

Wow. I'd been looking at trying to add this kind of support, and out it
pops. :-)

> I plan on cleaning up the driver and committing it later this week,
> along with a program, probably called wimonitor, which will display
> the nearby access points.

One cool thing I'd like this or some other program to do is be able to set
wi parameters based on which SSIDs are around. So when I'm at work, I
choose the work WEP setup, and at home, I choose the home setup.

Could you also back-port this to 1.5?

Thanks

Bill