Subject: Re: hung console
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Toru TAKAMIZU <ttaka@ma1.seikyou.ne.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 09/13/2001 07:08:14
> I'm running a freshly-snarfed kernel and the 0827 snapshot.  X hung
> during some intensive I/O activity, and I can't get the console back
> (more precisely, the frame buffer, and maybe the keyboard).  The
> machine is up, and I can log in via ssh.  I killed off X (4.1.0), twm,
> any lingering xterms, etc., but all that's on the screen is a the
> frozen image from the time of the hang.
>
> Has anyone else seen this?  (The machine is an Athlon with IDE disk and
> an ASUS motherboard.)

I have the same problem.
My kernel is newer than 0827, the one around Sep 10.

Graphic card: Matrox G200
arch: i386 (K6-2 300MHz)

If I add something to the above "during some intensive I/O activity",
hangups are very likely to occur when I move mouse during some intensive
disk access (for instance, launching netscape). Also, when I move mouse
aggressively while .xinitrc is executed (in this case disk access is not
so intensive?).