Subject: Re: abiword fonts
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/05/2001 12:16:02
On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Peter Seebach wrote:

> Is abiword (0.9.0) working for anyone?  I get an error that it can't find
> Times New Roman, and I'm not sure what to make of it.

Yes, but I had downloaded that font from Adobe's web site ages ago, to
view Apple pdf's with "xpdf". It's also installed with the acroreader
package (as /usr/pkg/Acrobat4/Resource/Font/TimesNewRoman, but for
some reason I can't get the X server to take that directory).

> I tried naievely copying the "fonts" directory in abiword-0.9.0/unixfonts
> into .../AbiSuite, but no luck.

The idea is to make them available to the X server. Try

     xset +fp /usr/pkg/share/AbiSuite/fonts/

If that works, you can make it permanent in various ways, like adding
the directory to the fontpath in /etc/XF86Config (on i386) but beware,
that if you do that, the Xserver may not start if you ever deinstall
the package.

Frederick