Subject: Re: multiuser X 4.1.0
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Pfaller <leo@marco.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/03/2001 17:56:50
In article <Pine.NEB.4.33.0109021345580.750-200000@wojtek.3miasto.net>,
	wojtek@wojtek.3miasto.net (Wojciech Puchar) writes:
>   This message is in MIME format.  The first part should be readable text,
>   while the remaining parts are likely unreadable without MIME-aware tools.
>   Send mail to mime@docserver.cac.washington.edu for more info.
>
> --0-2005422453-999431655=:750
>
> after few days of hacking (99% trying to understand XFree code, 1% actual
> coding) i've almost made XFree 4.1.0 working multiuser with 2 gfx cards, 2
> keyboards, 2 mice (tested with 3 too).
>
> the only problem is that X doesn't work well with "wskbd" protocol and
> it simply interpretes keycodes bad when /dev/wskbd1 (or 2) is not
> connected to wsdisplay. when it is connected everything goes to first
> display, none to second.

I'd like to do the same as you :-) I got a little bit farer on the way.
You'll need to connect your keyboard to a mux to make it work with X.
Then specify the mux and not the keyboard in your XF86Config file.

Regards, Matthias
--
Matthias Pfaller                            Software Entwicklung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH    Tel   +49 8131 5161-41