Subject: Re: sshd Change: PermitRootLogin = no
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@arkham.ws>
List: current-users
Date: 08/31/2001 18:27:51
On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 07:26:33AM +0900, itojun@iijlab.net wrote:
> 	I vote for whatever behavior compatible with stock OpenSSH, by default.
> 	I don't think it wise to surprise people.

i'd agree if it weren't for the fact that i don't agree with stock OpenSSH (which
is to set it to yes.  am i correct?)  i'd rather surpise people if it means there
is even the remotest chance of making things more secure.  would you rather be
grumpy because you have to reconfig ssh or pissed off because your system was
compromised.  i'm not saying that it will happen, just that it can.  and that's
good enough for me.

-brian