Subject: 3com 3c985b GigE boards
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
List: current-users
Date: 08/29/2001 15:45:28
Since 3com's website isn't all that forthcoming with details about
this board (the 3c985b 1000BaseSX board), I figured I should ask here
before buying them:

The "supported hardware" page indicates that the 3com 3c985 has the
Alteon chipset, and should be supported by the ti driver;  does anyone
know if this extends to the 3c985b as well?  These are the cards I can
easily get through my company's purchasing department, so they're my
preference... if these won't work, however, can anyone recommend a
gig E board (SX interface) with good performance under NetBSD?

Thanks,
+j

--
Jeff Rizzo                                         http://boogers.sf.ca.us/~riz