Subject: Re: Orinoco PCI adapter?
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/09/2001 12:57:55
On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 07:23:36AM -0400, Todd Vierling wrote:
> Is there any situation where the PCIBIOS hooks are *harmful* (justifying
> why they are off by default in GENERIC)?

I've been trying to upgrade my i386 machine at home to -current recently
(it's been running 1.5.x up until now), and I've had to remove all the
PCIBIOS options from my kernel, otherwise the machine hangs just after the
'biomask ... ttymask ... netmask ...' line. I've tried changing the 'PnP OS'
options in my BIOS, but that doesn't help. The PCIBIOS options seem to work
fine under 1.5, though.

I haven't send-pr'd this, as there is a similar PR already (port-i386/10267).

Ian.