Subject: pim6dm sending intermittent udp packets
To: netbsd \(E-mail\) <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Patel Hemang-QA4383 <Hemang.Patel@motorola.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/06/2001 13:23:21
All,

We are trying to use the pim6dm feature of the NetBSD-1.5(+Kame) with IPv6.  We are using two routers (PCs running the NetBSD+Kame software).  We have route6d running on both the routers. All the interface addresses of both the routers are global.  Not all the UDP packets sent out by the host(AXIA) are sent out to the 2nd interface port of the PC(verified by tcpdump).  Our test is described below.
0) Router1 and Router2s interface le0 are on same subnet.
1) Simulator AXIAs port1 sends a Multicast Listener Report to interface fxp0 of router1
2) Router 1 joins the multicast group
3) Simulator AXIAs port2 sends a UDP packet address to the Multicast Group to interface ex0 of router2.
****Problem: Router2's ex0 recieves all the udp multicast packets from AXIA as seen by tcpdump.  But is does not forward all these udp multicast packets to router2s interface le0. 90% of udp packets are dropped between interface ex0 and le0 of router2.
We tried this with different NIC card on different PC, but saw the same problem.
Has anyone noticed this problem? Any suggestions on how to go about solving this problem?

Thanks,
Hemang