Subject: Re: Need help building snapshot
To: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
From: Bang Jun-Young <bjy@mogua.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/04/2001 15:51:54
On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 11:10:12PM -0700, Michael Wolfson wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to build a snapshot of -current for macppc.  I've never built
> the whole release before (only kernels), and I'm running into a problem.
>
> I've set up the environment variables for BSDSRCDIR, BSDOBJDIR, DESTDIR,
> and RELEASEDIR.  I've run 'make obj', which completes without errors (but
> all it seems to do is create directories in $BSDOBJDIR).  When I run 'make
> release', it gripes at me, because it can't write to the nonexistant
> directory structure in $RELEASEDIR.
>
> What do I have to do to get it to make the directories (e.g.
> $RELEASEDIR/usr/share)?  I *really* don't want to have to make them all by
> hand.

Make sure that you have created DESTDIR and RELEASEDIR before doing
`make release', or you have permission to write to those directories.

In my case:

	$ make DESTDIR=/home/bjy/build RELEASEDIR=/home/bjy/release release

Unfornately, make release on -current is broken for now, at least
on i386. I'm not sure whether it works on other platforms. make build
still works fine.

Jun-Young

--
Bang Jun-Young <bjy@mogua.org>