Subject: Re: macppc 'make build' fails in /usr/src/lib/libvers
To: Samuel Hornus <Samuel.Hornus@crans.org>
From: Aymeric Vincent <xmimic@free.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 07/29/2001 11:09:52
Samuel Hornus <Samuel.Hornus@crans.org> writes:

> Hi, I did a cvs update of -current sources 2 days ago (or yesterday ?)
> on my macppc :
> [...]
>                 /usr/obj/lib/libvers
>                 isobel# ./make-print-version
>                 Illegal instruction (core dumped)

Although the reason why it dumps core is not the same, maybe you're
bitten by the following problem: (this is from /usr/src/UPDATING)

20010718:

        Enabled correct .init/.fini processing in crt0.  The way this
        was done was to change a -I directive to cc(1), which means
        make(1) will have a stale dependency (it will be checking the
        timestamp on the wrong "dot_init.h").

        The symptom you will see is that new programs die with SIGSEGV
        if you have a stale dependency.

        Solution: "make cleandir" in both lib/csu and libexec/ld.elf_so
        before starting your build.

Applying the given "solution" should get you going. Don't forget to do
a "make cleandir" before, at least in the directories which contain
broken binaries.

 Aymeric