Subject: Problems with CVS repository?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/24/2001 07:03:58
I have started building my sources from CVS recently and I have run into a
problem on the machine that I run -current on.  I thought that perhaps my
local repository had somehow got messed up so I cleaned it out and did a
fresh checkout of the world but the problem persists.  Here is the tail of
a current build.

cleandir ===> usr.bin/kdump
rm -f a.out [Ee]rrs mklog core *.core  kdump kdump.o ioctl.o subr.o setemul.o  kdump.ln ioctl.ln subr.ln setemul.ln ioctl.c
rm -f kdump.cat1
rm -f .depend /usr/NetBSD/cvs/basesrc/usr.bin/kdump/tags
cleandir ===> usr.bin/ktrace
rm -f a.out [Ee]rrs mklog core *.core  ktrace ktrace.o subr.o  ktrace.ln subr.ln
rm: ktrace: is a directory
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

If I just remove that directory and restart the build it just fails
later in apropos and man.  Fixing those I see the same thing in usr.sbin
in mrouted.

Then when it does a make depend, I get the following.

depend ===> dumpfs
make: don't know how to make ffs_bswap.c. Stop
*** Error code 2

If I delete that directory from the Makefile I just get the same error on
a bunch of other directories.  I did a find on the tree and could not find
this file anywhere.

Am I doing something wrong?  I did have to set up symlinks to the checked
out repository since it wasn't exactly the build environment.  I did it
by hand but perhaps I missed something.  Is there a document for working
with -current under CVS?