Subject: cdrecord not working with 1.5W
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/24/2001 01:12:38
After upgrading my cd burner machine from a quite old -current (5
months or so) to one built on June 20, cdrecord began failing with the
message below. I tried doing pkg_delete of cdrecord, then doing a
fresh build and install (after make clean in its pkgsrc directory),
but that didn't help. Any clues? Do I just need to update and rebuild
my kernel, or is something more sinister afoot?

# cdrecord -v speed=8 dev=/dev/cd1d pop1.iso
Cdrecord 1.9 (i386-unknown-netbsd1.5W) Copyright (C) 1995-2000 Jörg Schilling
TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
cdrecord: Cannot allocate memory. Cannot get mmap for 4198400 Bytes on /dev/zero.