Subject: Re: Upgrading from 1.4.2 to 1.5.1 - rc.conf
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jarom=EDr_Dolecek?= <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@arkham.ws>
List: current-users
Date: 07/20/2001 14:04:19
On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 05:36:45PM +0200, Jaromír Dolecek wrote:
> Despite the big
>
> # DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE DIRECTLY; IT MAY BE REPLACED DURING A SYSTEM UPGRADE.
> # EDIT /etc/rc.conf INSTEAD.
>
> on top of /etc/defaults/rc.conf? Aah :(

from another post, this wasn't in 1.5 or 1.5.x which is what we were installing,
which is bad, since i honestly couldn't remember why it was a bad idea to change
defaults other than the pretty obvious nature of the name. :)

> Well, if someone really wants to make their life harder, they
> always manage to achieve that ;-) They will find out advantages
> of the split once they would actually do the upgrade I think.

i tried to exaplain and failed, only experience will teach this fellow.

course i'll end up helping pick up all the piece, but..........

-brian