Subject: Re: Trying to use OSS w/ netbsd-current, fails due to no bcopy in kernel`
To: Paul J. Lavoie <pjl@ilx.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/17/2001 15:48:09
On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 03:14:06PM -0400, Paul J. Lavoie wrote:
> I just tried to get OSS running on a 1.5W kernel, and ran across that since
> bcopy has been stripped from the kernel, the OSS module will not link. Other
> than getting a new version built for future NetBSDs, what would be the
> recommended path of dealing with this?

Change all the bcopy(3) calls to memmove(3) calls, or write yourself
a stub macro to do so that takes the same arguments as bcopy (called,
say, STUB_BCOPY()) and just find and replace all the bcopy() uses
with it (probably less manual effort).

The latter's a bit ugly, the former would probably be preferred in
the long term.

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net