Subject: Re: Why not track our xsrc with X11R6.6 from X.org?
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/15/2001 23:49:13
On Sat, 14 Jul 2001, Jared D. McNeill wrote:

: > Our goal is to eventually track XFree86 4 and beyond.
:
: I hope this doesn't mean dropping support for XFree86 3, since I have a
: few video cards that are either not supported at all by XFree86 4
: (Paradise/WD 90C24), or are poorly supported by XFree86 4 (nVidia TNT2).

From what I've gathered, we do plan on continuing to build a subset of XF3
*servers* (mainly for i386), in addition to those in XF4, for the purposes
of keeping hardware support where such support disappeared in XF4.  The
clients and libraries would otherwise be XF4-based.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/