Subject: Re: RAIDframe crash again
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@emsi.priv.at>
List: current-users
Date: 07/13/2001 15:33:34
|     > Kazushi Marukawa writes:
|     > > The real reason is two hard drives failure in a 4 drives
|     > > RAID5 system.  Then, system was crashed.  Is there any way
|     > > to stop this crash?
|     >
|     > No.  (I had a look the other day at trying to make it not panic on a
|     > 2-component failure, but didn't get very far :( )

  Well, there is not much one can do, a failure of more than one
component on a raid5 is lethal. Perhaps raidframe could log the error
and quietly fail every access from then on, but that's just being nice
to the user.

  Whatever raidframe decides to do, if you lose (really lose) more
than one component, you're out of luck.

	mjl