Subject: Re: NetBSD plays .wav ultra fast
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Nigel Reed <nigel@nelgin.nu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/11/2001 07:38:47
On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 08:20:29AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> > a current kernel, I thought I'd try the current list....Any ideas?
>
> What soundcard are you using?
> Have you tried playing back via vgetty (i.e. the modem)?
>
> Martin

It's the sound card built into the motherboard.

auvia0 at pci0 dev 7 function 5: VIA VT82C686A AC'97 Audio (rev H)
auvia0: interrupting at irq 10
auvia0: SigmaTel STAC9721/23 codec; 18 bit DAC, 18 bit ADC, Rockwell 3D
auvia0: warning: codec doesn't support hardware AC'97 2.0 Variable Rate Audio
audio0 at auvia0: full duplex, mmap, independent

I just found out that vgetty doesn't support my modem so I'm going to have
to shop around for another one (or try and fake it) so I'm not too worried
for now, but I should still be able to play .wav right?

# file message.wav
message.wav: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 8 bit, mono 8
000 Hz

Most odd.

Regards
Nigel