Subject: Re: BIND for secondary zone dumps core.
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/08/2001 16:07:46
[ On Sunday, July 8, 2001 at 12:16:46 (-0700), Greywolf wrote: ]
> Subject: BIND for secondary zone dumps core.
>
> I'm trying to act as a secondary DNS server for a friend of mine, but I
> am running into difficulties in that every single time I try to even
> initiate a transfer, my named dumps core.

Does some datagram always arrive just before every core dump too?

	datagram from [208.147.76.111].53, fd 4, len 203
	Segmentation fault - core dumped

> I am enclosing my zone file, with addresses (hey, if I'm a trusting
> fool, I figure I'm in good company), just because I really really need
> the help on this.  I am also enclosing the output from the run.

If this is all public DNS info then it's all public info anyway!  ;-)

> What's going wrong here, and why is it dumping core?  I'll be glad to
> add someone else as an allow-transfer and allow-query on my side so
> that you can be a test secondary and see if it dumps core for you as well.

Have you compiled named with '-g' and run 'gdb' to find out where it's
dumping core yet?

	cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/bind/named
	make clean
	make COPTS='-g -O2 -pipe' install