Subject: Re: Ensoniq Audio PCI
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Paulo A. P. Pires <pappires@coppe.ufrj.br>
List: current-users
Date: 07/03/2001 07:38:56
On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 12:08:07PM -0400, Bob Bernstein wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 04:34:04PM -0300, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
>
> > A big "me too", and I also have an AudioPCI (Creative Labs SB64 PCI,
> > ES1370).
>
> I have been listening to Lyric FM from Ireland for several hours now.
> I remembered a realplayer setting and tried it, with evident success:
>
> View -> Preferences -> Performance -> Audio Driver Options - > Enable
> support for old OSS drivers (Linux only)

I can have the board play for hours and hours as well, provided I never
close the device to open it again later.  I had to modify my MIDI (with
Timidity) and audio file players to keep the device open for the duration
of the entire session.

I think someone mentioned lost interrupts.  Wouldn't interrupts be lost
during continuous play as well?

I thought close()/open() might be the cause of the problem, but a ktrace
on a player showed that block occurred during write()s, not open().

Is there an easy means to reset the device on open()?

--
        Paulo A. P. Pires