Subject: Re: build of -current from today fails on libexec/kpasswdd
To: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 07/03/2001 09:51:47
On Tuesday 03 July 2001  7:05 am, Martin Weber wrote:
> Am Dienstag,  3. Juli 2001 00:54 schrieben Sie:
> I'm using UPDATE=1 make build. [just checked, on the page it says make
> UPDATE=1 build, make does recognize environ vars doesn't it ?, wonder where
> I mixed that..]

Somethings have to be in the env, eg DESTDIR does, MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX does (if
used)

> Sadly there is no version information included within the files, so I guess
> whether or not it has to be updated is determined by the 'normal' times of
> the file which is
> ls -la /usr/include/krb5/krb5-protos.h
> -r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  50197 May 20 05:15
> /usr/include/krb5/krb5-protos.h ls -la
> /usr/src/crypto/dist/heimdal/lib/krb5/krb5-protos.h
> -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  52455 Jul  1 12:56
> /usr/src/crypto/dist/heimdal/lib/krb5/krb5-protos.h

That's the right size and is newer so it should have got installed, try
running make includes in /usr/src/lib/libkrb5, although make build should do
it for you.

> Well, I'll follow your hints and try without an existing /usr/include ...
> Nonetheless somehow I believe updating currents should be somehow less
> painful ;) [of course could also have been my stupidity somewhere].

It would be good, but anyone updating to current should expect to be living
life on the bleeding edge at times, certainly the UPDATING doc is useful, and
covers most of the basic mistakes.

The easiest and less painful way to update is to start from a snapshot, but
where's the fun in that :)

Cheers,
Chris