Subject: Re: build of -current from today fails on libexec/kpasswdd
To: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
From: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/03/2001 08:05:25
Am Dienstag,  3. Juli 2001 00:54 schrieben Sie:
> On Monday 02 July 2001  9:53 pm, Martin Weber wrote:
> > from krb5-protos.h:
> >
> > krb5_error_code
> > krb5_mk_error __P((
> >         krb5_context context,
> >         krb5_error_code error_code,
> >         const char *e_text,
> >         const krb5_data *e_data,
> >         const krb5_principal client,
> >         const krb5_principal server,
> >         time_t ctime,
> >         krb5_data *reply));
> >

> > krb5_error_code
> > krb5_addr2sockaddr __P((
> >         const krb5_address *addr,
> >         struct sockaddr *sa,
> >         int *sa_size,
> >         int port));
>
> Doesn't look uptodate (as someone else said)
>
> are you using make build?  also what's that date/timestamp on
> /usr/include/krb5/krb5-protos.h?
>
> If the date/timestamp is newer than that on the one in
> crypto/dist/heimdal/lib/krb5 then it won't have been updated. In fact the
> safest things I find when updating to current is to move my /usr/include
> out of the way and let make build repopulate it.  I've had problems where a
> 1.5.1 header has had patches pulled in from -current, and has a newer
> date/timestamp than the file in current, so when updating to -current that
> include file isn't updated, and is missing something new.
>
> Cheers,
> Chris

I'm using UPDATE=1 make build. [just checked, on the page it says make
UPDATE=1 build, make does recognize environ vars doesn't it ?, wonder where I
mixed that..]
Sadly there is no version information included within the files, so I guess
whether or not it has to be updated is determined by the 'normal' times of
the file which is
ls -la /usr/include/krb5/krb5-protos.h
-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  50197 May 20 05:15 /usr/include/krb5/krb5-protos.h
ls -la /usr/src/crypto/dist/heimdal/lib/krb5/krb5-protos.h
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  52455 Jul  1 12:56
/usr/src/crypto/dist/heimdal/lib/krb5/krb5-protos.h

Well, I'll follow your hints and try without an existing /usr/include ...
Nonetheless somehow I believe updating currents should be somehow less
painful ;) [of course could also have been my stupidity somewhere].

Martin Weber