Subject: Re: Ensoniq Audio PCI
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@mail.augustsson.net>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/01/2001 17:34:44
On Sun, 1 Jul 2001, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
> The kind of hanging that has been decribed in this thread looks like
> the device is not gettng interrupts.
> Perhaps there's some interrupt sharing problem?

In my case, eap0 was the only device using irq 12:

  invisible:~/public_html/misc$ grep irq dmesg.sun
  com0: io 3f8-3ff, irq 4
  com1: io 2f8-2ff, irq 3
  lpt0: io 378-37f 778-77a, irq 7, dma 3
  siop0: interrupting at irq 9
  pciide0: primary channel interrupting at irq 14
  pciide0: secondary channel interrupting at irq 15
  eap0: interrupting at irq 12
  ne0: interrupting at irq 10
  aha0 at isa0 port 0x330-0x333 irq 11 drq 5
  pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
  fdc0 at isa0 port 0x3f0-0x3f7 irq 6 drq 2

If interrupts are the case, how come only streaming audio makes
realplayer freeze and not playback from local RealMedia files?

Jared