Subject: Re: -CURRENT memory management fault - core dumps
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Ken Wellsch <kwellsch@tampabay.rr.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/28/2001 14:01:01
gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

> You've got me curious. I'm doing a cvs update now and I'll try a
> make build later today on my AMD Athlon. (I'm already in the act of
> doing one on macppc, though that'll probably be completely
> unrelated... oh, especially as its -r netbsd-1-5, ne'mind.)

Generally I don't encounter glitches with the i386 port.  Oh the
occasional granularity issue with the cvs and/or sup window when
I get a half updated change that breaks 'til the next update occurs.

Yesterday I checked and on the alpha I consistently bomb after the
new shared libc is installed (on three different flavors of alphas).
Something seems to have broken a month or so ago - I regret I was not
building more frequently and could have seem the failure point.  My
last working build was circa May 26th I think.

I'm able to run a current kernel and an older rev libc.so but as soon
as the new libc is installed, blam, SEGV's galore.

Maybe an alignment problem on 64 bit with the elf changes, but I am
not qualified to say and having not seen the transition from working
to failure on a given day, can't guess what file(s) are involved to
help me guess any better...

-- Ken