Subject: Re: pkg/13250: INN pkg unuseable as installed
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@emsi.priv.at>
List: current-users
Date: 06/21/2001 06:58:20
| Oh, so just doing cd /var/news/db && touch history && makedbz -f is
| somehow insufficient on a completely new install?

  From memory, to get 2.3.1 to recognize my old newsspool and
generally work, you have to:

  edit /var/news/etc/{inn.conf,readers.conf,storage.conf,
			       expire.ctl,nnrp.access}
  makehistory -O

  The things that caught me and cost most of the time were storage.conf,
and the -O to makehistory. Also, look at /var/log/messages, if something
is wrong you'll get some cryptic hints logged there.

  Anyway, I'll avoid a further upgrade to inn on my system like the
plague -- it still hurts thinking of the day I went to 2.3.1.

	mjl