Subject: Re: kerberos V
To: Murray Armfield <marmfiel@bigpond.net.au>
From: Aidan Cully <aidan@kublai.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/28/2001 17:09:18
On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 07:05:53PM +1000, Murray Armfield wrote:
> Hi folks,
> 	Just wondering what the status is on the kerberos V implementation.
> Regards,
> 	Murray Armfield

All the libraries, header files, and (to the best of my knowledge)
kerberos specific programs and daemons are installed (e.g., kadmind,
kinit, hprop).  login, passwd, telnet and telnetd have all been
modified to optionally use krb5.  (Anything else?  Johan?  Assar?)

I'm still working on adding krb4 + GSSAPI to ftpd, and some of the
initial work to support that has been committed.  Work progresses
slowly.

I (personally) don't plan to go mucking about adding krb5 support
to rsh/rshd, or rlogin/rlogind...  I consider rlogin obsolete, and
rsh just looked like a real pain, to me.  I don't know what the
status is of ssh, cvs, or whatever other dist/ packages there are
in the base system, w/ regard to krb5...

HTH,
--aidan
--
Aidan Cully        "If I press this button, the whole island will explode!"
aidan@kublai.com   "Don't touch it!"   -- Godzilla vs. Sea Monster