Subject: Re: building current : @include CVSvn.texi: No such file or directory.
To: Aymeric Vincent <xmimic@free.fr>
From: Samuel.Hornus <Samuel.Hornus@crans.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/28/2001 15:38:20
Hi Aymeric !

> > Here it is, the file 'CVSvn.texi' seems to not exist anywhere :
>
> I have it in /usr/src/gnu/dist/cvs/doc, which is the directory where
> cvs.texinfo resides.

In the same directory, on my HD, the file does not appear...

> Did you use `cvs update -dPA' to update to -current?

No, I do 'sup -sv' to update to -current.
and my supfile reads :

current release=gnu host=sup2.fr.netbsd.org hostbase=/home/sup/supserver \
base=/usr prefix=/usr backup use-rel-suffix compress

current release=include host=sup2.fr.netbsd.org
hostbase=/home/sup/supserver \
base=/usr prefix=/usr backup use-rel-suffix compress

current release=ksrc-common host=sup2.fr.netbsd.org
hostbase=/home/sup/supserver \
base=/usr prefix=/usr backup use-rel-suffix compress

current release=ksrc-macppc host=sup2.fr.netbsd.org
hostbase=/home/sup/supserver \
base=/usr prefix=/usr backup use-rel-suffix compress

current release=src host=sup2.fr.netbsd.org hostbase=/home/sup/supserver \
base=/usr prefix=/usr backup use-rel-suffix compress

current release=regress host=sup2.fr.netbsd.org
hostbase=/home/sup/supserver \
base=/usr prefix=/usr backup use-rel-suffix compress

perhaps is there some redundant lines in my coll.list supfile ?
or some missing crucial parts ??????

Why shall I prefer using cvs ? (I'm not to 'commit' anything before years
( at least month ;-) ) but if it is the only way to get a correct
-current source tree...)

> Do you use options in /etc/mk.conf to use object directories?
> Did you try a `make clean'?

I think so : my /etc/mk.conf reads :

	[...]
	.ifndef BSD_PKG_MK
	#       Non-package stuff

	USE_XF86_4 = yes

	.else
	#       Begin package stuff

	[...]
	OBJMACHINE=yes
	[...]

> > (one day, i'll get 'make build' to the end !!)
>
> Yes, we should be able to manage something around 8/9th of june. ;-)

veuillez accepter, monsieur Vincent(David ? (ok c'est nul, mais je
viens de la decouvrir...)), l'expression de mes sentiments
distingues,
--
Samuel.