Subject: D-Link DGE-500T works.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/21/2001 18:55:52
Thought I would report that the D-Link DGE-500T Gigabit Ethernet
card works with the new 'gsip' driver.  At least at 100Mbit/s, I don't
have anything available (yet) to test 1000base-t.

I think I'm having a duplex problem though, as ttcp doesn't receive correctly.
Well, it receives at about 87Kbit/s which isn't right.

I have a cheap Addtron 10/100 switch that believes my NIC is connected at
100/full.  The fxp I had in this box before pushed data fast, so I know the
switch works fine.

Since the PHY isn't supported yet, I'm assuming this NIC is failing to do
NWay correctly, or the driver is assuming half-duplex, etc.

Anyway, the card was pretty cheap, though it is only a 32bit PCI card.
The SMC cards I ordered are 64bit and were only $98.95 each.  We'll see
how they work soon.  Should be here tomorrow or Wednesday I think.

-Andrew