Subject: Re: Samba 2.2.0 fails to compile on NetBSD/i386 1.4.2
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 05/20/2001 22:15:20
On Sun 20 May 2001 at 10:39:10 +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> > It appears that line 29 of profile/profile.c is guilty:
> >
> > #define IPC_PERMS ((SHM_R | SHM_W) | (SHM_R>>3) | (SHM_R>>6))
>
> This is fixed in -current (and may even have been pulled up to the 1.5
> branch). The symbolic defines in question are not mandated by any standard

Right. But that does not help for 1.4.x, obviously.

> and not documented on Solaris and Linux. In -current they have been added
> as a portability courtesy, and are marked depreceated.

So basically, Samba is being wrong here. I guess we should forward this
thread to the appropriate Samba person so that it can be fixed there
permanently.

> Take the brute force approach:
>
> #ifdef SHM_R
> #define IPC_PERMS ((SHM_R | SHM_W) | (SHM_R>>3) | (SHM_R>>6))
> #else
> #define IPC_PERMS 0644
> #endif
>
> Come on, anyone using "umask" or numeric "chmod" arguments nows that...

Of course.

> Martin
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder --Soep van de dag, wat zal dat zijn
\X/ land.nl     --wat kan dat wezen, beter maar het ergste vrezen -Boy Bensdorp