Subject: Re: PCI bus enumeration (was: current install floppies)
To: Paul Hoffman <phoffman@proper.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/18/2001 20:39:30
FreeBSD reports:

> pci1: <PCI bus> on pcib1
> pci0: <PCI bus> on pcib0
> pci2: <PCI bus> on pcib2
> ahc0: <Adaptec aic7899 Ultra160 SCSI adapter> port 0xdc00-0xdcff mem
> 0xfeaff000-0xfeafffff irq 5 at device 5.0 on pci2
> ahc1: <Adaptec aic7899 Ultra160 SCSI adapter> port 0xd800-0xd8ff mem
> pci3: <PCI bus> on pcib3

NetBSD reports:

pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0: configuration mode 1
pci1 at pchb0 bus 1
pci2 at pchb2 bus 1
pci3 at pchb3 bus 2
ahc1 at pci3 dev 5 function 0: unable to map registers
ahc2 at pci3 dev 5 function 1: unable to map registers

There's obviously a difference in bus enumeration here. Also,
NetBSD has a 'bus 1' twice, which is not good.

Also, looking at the FreeBSD info, I/O space is enabled and valid
on that PCI bus.

So clearly, PCI bus enumeration is the problem here.

I'm not sure how this can be fixed quickly. Another special purpose
hack that just says 'there are 4 PCI busses, and I'm ignoring the
pchbs' might work. I'll bake some new floppies.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                           fvdl@wasabisystems.com
Quality NetBSD CDs, Support & Service.   http://www.wasabisystems.com/