Subject: Re: A release-users list
To: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
From: Chris Pinnock <cjep@fawlty.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/18/2001 07:07:33
On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 10:07:14PM -0400, John Hawkinson wrote:
> Initially I agreed with Nathan that netbsd-users was adequate for
> release branch issues. But now I'm inclined to think that is untrue,
> and it's not appropriate to use that list for problem-of-the-moment
> issues with the release branch.

It is not clear where one should discuss these issues at the moment.
Sometimes discussion appears on current-users, on netbsd-help, on
netbsd-users and sometimes on the individual port lists (which of course
is okay provided it only involves that port).

> I will also put forth the possibly irrelevent datum that such a list
> might be a disincentive for people to file PRs (as already happens
> with current-users).

This is unfortunately a "con" of having the list, but it might serve as a
forum for "Has anyone else seen this?" which may encourage people to send
PRs who would otherwise not send them. It doesn't do any harm to reply
with a "send-pr please" message.

best wishes,
--
Chris