Subject: Re: A release-users list
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
From: Jason R. Fink <jrf@cyberspace.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/16/2001 10:03:44
> > What do people think about having a release-users list? It's purpose would
> > be similar to current-users except that it would apply to the release
> > branches.
>
> How would this be substantially different from the general purpose
> netbsd-users list that we already have?

I agree with Nathan here, the users and questions lists cover the
release branch adequately. Adding another list which may hardly
generate any traffic does not seem efficient.

for those who want to know when security patches are applied to the
release branch, the security list covers all branches.

	jrf